Another quote from this Kerth nominee story:

"Lo...is," he began.

"Don't start that," she snapped.

"Start what?" he asked in a plaintive voice.

"Don't start with that tone you get when you're humoring me. I'm worried about your health. In case you have forgotten, you almost died this morning. I don't think you should overdo it today."

"No, I haven't forgotten. But I really do feel amazingly better. This sun seems to be helping me a lot." He took her hand. "Have I thanked you for saving my life?" His lips twisted. "It's not supposed to be that way, though."

"Yes, you have, several times. You're very welcome." She looked at him, curiosity evident in her gaze. "What's not supposed to be what way?

"You're not supposed to save me. I'm the one who does the saving, you know?"

"Usually. But that's what being partners is all about, isn't it? One stepping in when the other can't? Backing each other up?" She smiled. "And saving each others' lives when necessary?"

Clark rubbed his thumb over her palm. "I guess so. But it still bothers me ... that you had to save my life. What if you'd needed me today?"

"I did need you today. Why do you think I decked Diana?"

The Man of Steel succumbed to her logic. "Okay. If you say so. Please tell me it's four o'clock, and I can get out of here. I have things to do and people to see."
Simona smile