Okay - this should narrow it down to a certain genre, at least. laugh I'll also say that this author is much missed. Wish she'd stuck around to write more wonderful stories. frown

She held his gaze for as long as he looked at her, ignoring everyone else as he floated above their heads. She felt her heart breaking, but she concentrated on him. Looking at his beloved face, memorizing every line of every feature, holding his gaze as they communicated endlessly through their eyes. It was a brief moment that lasted an eternity.

In a flash, he was gone.

It was too sudden, too real. She hadn't really realized he was going until he *had* gone. Her knees gave way, and she felt a pair of arms holding her up, keeping her from falling.

From far away, she heard a voice saying, "Dearest Lois, a love that risks nothing is worth nothing."

That was a century ago.

She sank into the sofa, enveloped within an eerie sense of unreality.

On an impulse, she took out a notebook and a pen from her bag and began writing.

"A long time ago, Daddy left. Years after, Claude left. And now...

But no, this is different, isn't it? Clark promised me he'd come back - he promised. And I believe him. I know he'll come back, because he promised. Because he has to.
LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers