Ah, this is Wendy's award-winning For the Greater Good . Now I get to come up with one? Be right back...

Edit: Okay, I'm back. Tried not to give this one away too easily <g>

As his headache had not yet subsided, he leaned back in the seat and closed his eyes. Eventually, he managed to relax, ignoring the sounds of the traffic all around them and focusing only on the hum of the road and the sound of Lois's breathing. He could almost imagine that he heard the beating of her heart, and in time, despite the growing pain in his head, he managed to doze.

His mind drifted. He imagined that he was holding Lois in his arms. Her hair was short and curly, and he was filled with a feeling of freedom he'd never felt before. The wind was blowing in his face, and she laughed as he held her.

It took him a moment to realize that he was flying.

He moaned as he woke, his head splitting with pain. He opened his eyes, and it took him a moment to realize that they were outside the city limits. They were surrounded by the flatness of the desert, with mountains in the distance. Lois was fiddling with the radio, and there were no other cars in sight.

She glanced at him. "Are you feeling ok?"

"I've had this headache since this morning, and it's just been getting worse and worse all day long."
Any guesses?