Hopefully, I'm not living in Obtuseville this round.
There is a middle ground, Shadow. wink

That is A Gift for Life by StopQuitDont and Jenni Debbage. A really sweet story. I didn’t read it originally because I thought cancer wasn’t something that fit the Superman character. My mistake.

The monkey story was hilarious, I think it just about the first slash I’ve encountered in the fandom.

Anyway.. One of my absolute favourites.

A few minutes later, Clark was a short way down the beach, busy collecting and laying out the wood for a campfire to cook their supper that evening when a brunette tornado bore down on him, her brown eyes flashing with the intensity of her anger. "What are these?"

His gaze dropped to the items in her hands. "Well, I'm not sure, but this one looks like a dress and the others might be shorts and a tank top. You think?"

She followed his hand movements then returned her glare to his face, growling sarcastically. "In my size?"

"I certainly don't need them in my size." He chuckled, shook his head at the image and turned to start working again.

Lois, however, wasn't finished. "Clark Kent, you'd better have a good explanation for why there are woman's clothes here in MY size."

Eyebrows raised and head tilted, he asked quietly. "Tell me something, Lois Lane, would you feel better if they were ANOTHER size?"
Clue2:
Hands on hips, she glared at him. "I can't believe you did this. You've practically kidnapped me."
"I did not."
Her voice dropped in tone as she hissed, sarcastically. "Oh, really? Then take me back. This instant."
His arms crossed against his chest stubbornly. "Nope."
Her eyes widened. "Why not?"
"I'm not ready to go back yet."
"You can't do this! You can't just bring me here then keep me against my will."
Clark's head tilted as he considered her words. Rubbing his chin, he murmured. "Look around you. It seems I already have and, therefore, I CAN. I would give that some thought, if I were you."
clue3:
She was the first to break the silence. "Where exactly are we?"
His head tilted as he considered her question. "We're walking along a beach on a tiny uncharted island in the middle of an ocean somewhere in the world."
"You wouldn't want to be a little more . . . um, vague, would you?"
"Nope, I honestly don't think that would be necessary."

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...