Oooh! Brilliant story! And I'd be fired if I didn't know this one, as I was BRing it. *g* This is Aria's fantastic Waking a Miracle .

It's a bit long, but worth it. wink I still hold that these "characters" should have been nominated for Best Original/Supportning Character. goofy

"No. You don't get to tell me that there's something you've been keeping from me and then make me wait even longer."

"Perish the thought." He paused, frowning. "Sorry, poor choice of words." He blinked away the frown, then continued. "I still don't think you're well enough for a serious talk."

Indignation, abandoning its previous companions, joined Curiosity and Determination. The three worked in practiced unison to set up an impenetrable fortress.

She glared at him. Who was he to make that decision for her? And did he really think he could get away with not talking? Again? After all the times he'd run out in the middle of a serious conversation? Maddeningly, her glare was completely ineffective. He wasn't even looking at her. His eyes were unfocused. He was thinking. Suddenly, he turned back to her.

"How about this? I'll make you a cup of tea. You drink it -- slowly -- and when you're done, we'll talk. Deal?"

She thought about it. Curiosity was willing to give up a few minutes in exchange for guaranteed cooperation, but Determination and Indignation weren't prepared to wait. Curiosity asked if they had a better plan. After consulting with the still-foggy central processor, they were forced to reply that no, they did not, but, really, when had they needed one before? A fight broke out in the fortress, the outcome uncertain. To buy time, she seized a small party of Curious troops who had ventured outside the fortress. "Tea?" she asked.

"Well, I don't think coffee is a good idea. We don't know if it would react with the pill. Tea seems safer."

She hadn't thought of that. Worry snuck into the battle-ravaged fortress, throwing everything into hopeless confusion. Clearly, she needed more time. She decided to be playful. "Oolong?"
Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.