I JUST read that one the last time I was on the boards! It's Supermen United by MetroRhodes (although, the version I read was the N version, and the one I linked is the PG version wink )!

I'll think up a quote while I finish browsing through the boards, then come back and post it. smile

I couldn't think of one, but I DID manage to FIND one (I LOVE the random fic link in the archive!). I've NEVER read this one before (until just now), but it sucked me in with the first paragraph, which may or may not be quoted below:

Walking slowly along the road leading to Lois's apartment block, Clark silently asked himself, for about the thousandth time that week, just what almighty powers he and Lois had managed to offend. Surely no two other people could have had such a run of bad luck - no, a disastrous run of catastrophes - as the two of them. They should have been married now, and just back at work after their honeymoon in Hawaii. Instead, they were definitely *not* married, and were still trying to come to terms with the consequences of their wedding-that-wasn't.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place