I agree that having two different quote threads is a great idea. We've done that in the past. I will also confess that I don't know that, when it's my turn to pick a quote, I have always chosen the passage I found the most memorable in the story. Sometimes I just adore the entire story, so I'll be arbitrary and pick something. Or sometimes I'll go out of my way to choose a passage that's less obvious than the long-awaited kiss or the revelation, so that it's tougher to guess. But as you say, since we want to introduce readers to stories they may not be familiar with, it doesn't matter what we choose, as long as it hopefully hooks them.

Arawn's quote comes from Meredith's wonderful Night Errant

OK, I did adore this particular moment in my chosen story here. This author has written any number of wonderful stories, but I think this is my favorite...

She started as a frigid blast of air suddenly grazed her bare skin where the door beside her had been wrenched violently open. Rough hands grabbed at her arms, yanking her out to stand on the pavement and then she was being pushed up against the side of the Jeep and quite thoroughly kissed by her partner.

His lips forced hers apart, his tongue entering into the slick, hot cavern of her mouth and exploring there in a frenzy. His hands loosened their grip, slid up along her shoulders and up to frame her face in large, protective palms as he deepened the caress.

"Clark...." she blurted dizzily and he frowned, placing his fingers against her lips.

"I don't want to talk," he growled an admonishment and then he replaced his fingers with his mouth and swept away her voice, her thoughts, all self will she possessed. She molded her body pliantly against his strong, masculine curves as she moaned softly, the sound drawn up deeply from the back of her throat. She heard an answering groan from him.
Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5