Oooh! I know, I know! This is CC's The Late Great Lois Lane . Quite possibly my favorite story ever wink (although IABP might beat it out...) It's that last paragraph that gives it away wink

Okay, how about this one?

Lois gazed absently at the red digital numbers counting up the floors and tried to ignore the part of herself insisting that she didn't actually mind being alone in the elevator with this man. He wasn't bad looking, after all. Well, okay, the hair needed some work. It reminded her of a fourth grade kid who never realized his short haircut had outgrown itself until his mother dragged him off to the barber shop. But you could forgive the hair for the sake of those deep, dark eyes that looked like their owner could never hurt anyone. And the smile that made her feel like she was the most important thing in his world. And...and...um...and he'd noticed she was staring at him.

She whipped her head back around to examine the digital numbers that were taking their own sweet time in rising. Just where were you going with that anyway, Lane? she questioned herself. Get a grip! The man is not a manic serial killer who lures innocent women into abandoned elevators, and he is not madly in love with you!
smile
Kaylle