This is Yvonne's The Last Valentine .

Next up:

"Most everyone thinks that only Kryptonite can hurt Superman, but that can only kill me. You have the power to destroy Superman."

She gasped. What was he saying? She wanted to deny his bold statement. Surely he knew she would never do anything to hurt him?

"Lois, I would never, under any circumstances, allow you to come to harm if I could prevent it. I will always try to save you, even from yourself. You are too important to me. You are a part of me. I can't imagine my life without you anymore." The other shoe had just dropped for Lois, but she let him continue. "I told everyone that I would respect and abide by the rules of law for their countries, yet I already broke that promise when I broke you out of jail after that murder trial."

"But I was framed. You knew I was innocent." He just stared at her. She waved her hand at him. "Okay, okay, I get it."

"No, I still don't think you quite understand. I would compromise everything that Superman stands for to save you, Lois. I would commit crimes. I would overthrow governments."

Lois suddenly felt an icy chill stab at her heart. "Would you kill?" Her voice was barely above a whisper.

The pain in his eyes was like a physical blow to her. "Don't ask me that."

She reached out her hand, but was afraid to touch him. "Why?"

"Because I don't know the answer. Because there is no answer. Either way would mean my destruction."

lisa in the sky with diamonds