J is for Jet Set. <g> Excellent story. Be back with another quote...maybe in the morning after I pack in some Zzzs...

Okay, I have something! Thanks for the story list, Sue!

He was caught off guard by her reaction. In one second she'd revealed that she had been worried about him today. The next, she was back peddling just like she always did when things became too emotional for her. He wanted to cry. Would he ever gain Lois' trust enough so she could just let go and be herself? Though he realized that lately they'd made more progress than he'd once thought possible, he still moved to give her a wide berth.

"But you don't need to help. Lois, you looked tired, so I want
you to put your feet up." Clark led Lois to the sofa and gently
pushed her down to sit. "Watch TV, or listen to music...." He
picked up the latest issue of his travel magazine and offered it
to her. "Or read... anything you want. Just make sure you rest."

Lois couldn't help but giggle at his antics. "Clark, isn't it
supposed to be you who's resting?"

Turning away, Clark switched on some soothing music then moved back to the kitchen. "Lois, I'm feeling good. I saved some people today and helped the emergency services to clear up the mess and I'm still alive and kicking. There's nothing to worry about." Clark saw that Lois had laid her head back on the couch and closed her eyes. That was good, she wouldn't notice that he was looking guilty or that he was shielding his left arm.

When did Superman start lying? he mused, but he already knew the answer. The day he started trying to hide things from Lois again.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy