Hi,

I just dropped in from lurksville to check out this game. I haven't been following it at all, but I do know this gem. It was one of the first L&C nfics I ever read back in the mid 90's. It's:

"Sanctuary" by BB Medos

I was a beta for her "Never Ending Battle(?) for Sanctuary" some years ago. Sadly she never finished that...

So now I need to put in the next challenge?? Okay, I'll be right back...

Okay I'm back. I hope this hasn't been done yet. Like I said before, I haven't been following this thread. Here goes:

Lois surveyed the parking lot trying to second guess the type of vehicle she might find. "Clark, come on, which one is it?"

"Why is it so important?" Clark chuckled.

"Well- I mean, a car says a lot about a person I think." Lois tipped her head in concentration.

"Well," Clark began. "You know a lot about me ... guess." He smiled and Lois slapped his arm playfully.

"All right." She furrowed her brow, suddenly looking up. "It better not be a mini-van"

Clark laughed. "Why not? What's wrong with Mini-vans?"

Lois shrugged. "Well nothing, really, it's just ... I don't see you as the mini-van type. Besides, they're boring."

Clark had to stop himself from laughing. God, it had been so long since he'd laughed this way with anyone! "It's not a mini-van, Lois."

"Good." She smiled.

"In fact ..." They rounded the corner of the parking lot and Lois gasped.

"You're kidding, right?"

"Nope. That's it." He watched Lois as she disengaged from his arm and moved to examine the small red Lotus. She placed her hands on its edge and ran her fingers along the roof in a way that made Clark wish she had done the same thing to him.

"What -- did they pay you in gold bars over there in France?" She looked up at him and Clark stoically shook his head.

"No, I mortgaged my underwear for that thing," Clark admitted.

Lois giggled, moving back towards him. "So," she tapped his chest, "there *is* an earthling male in there somewhere, huh?"
Write on! smile1
Anne