To hard? spider

From the same story:

At first I was afraid, I was...petrified..." said Lois Lane as the taxi pulled up to the curb in front of her apartment.
"Oh, no," said Clark Kent, leaning across her lap to pull the handle of the car door.
"SO NOW GO!! Walk out the door!" sang Lois, resting her head against the back of the seat with her eyes closed, making no moves to get out of the cab. "Just turn around now...'cause you're not welcome any more!" Clark shook his head once as he paid the driver.
"Something you did, man? Sounds personal." The driver looked at him with a droll expression that didn't quite fit on his dour face.
"Let's hope not," Clark said as he pushed Lois out onto the sidewalk. "Whoops!" He caught her as she stumbled slightly over the curb.
"Did ya think I'd crumble? Did ya think I'd lay down and die?" Lois sang woozily, jabbing his shoulder with an accusing finger as he set her back on her feet.
" 'Laying down...that sounds like a really good idea, Lois." When she stumbled again at the front steps, Clark bent down and slipped off her black satin pumps,
"AND SO YOU'RE BACK...FROM OUTER SPACE!!" As he straightened, her shoes dangling by the heels from two of his fingers, Lois let go of his shoulders which she had been using for balance and answered him in something approaching a bellow.
Clark winced. "Shhhhh...I know it's Saturday, but have some pity on your neighbors."
"I JUST WALKED IN TO FIND YOU HERE WITH THAT OL' LOOK UPON YOUR FACE!!"
As they reached the front door, Clark stopped to clamp his hand across her mouth for a moment. "No more singing, okay?" Lois blinked and then nodded, her brown eyes huge above his hand. She giggled as he removed it.
"Take me flying!" she said suddenly throwing her arms around his neck, lifting one black stockinged foot behind her and pointing her toe.
Clark gave a small laugh. "Not tonight, Lois. I have a headache."[...]"Very funny." As the elevator doors opened on the fifth floor, he turned her around by the shoulders and prodded her forward.
"I SHOULD'VE CHANGED THAT SCHTUPID LOCK......!!"
"Lois, you know I love you...but the next time your friends decide to treat you to a night out on the town for your birthday, either make sure it's not disco night at the club or find yourself another date."
"I SHOULD'VE MADE Y'LEAVE YOUR KEEEEEEEY!!"
"That song came out when you were what...about twelve? Doesn't it scare you that you know all the words?
"IF I'D HAVE KNOWN FOR JUSS ONE SECOND YOU'D BE BACK TO BOTHER MEEEEE!!
"Could we go back to 'YMCA'? I guess I really didn't appreciate it the first three times around." They reached number 501 and Clark opened her purse, taking out the keys. As he found the right ones and slid the first into the top lock, Lois ducked under his arm and pressed up against him, blocking his view of the door.
"OH NO, NOT I!!" she announced.
"I know, I know. 'You will survive.' Hold still." Clark peered over her shoulder and opened the second lock. She slid her arms around his neck.
"You look very handsome tonight," said Lois in a sudden switch, her voice throaty, running her hands down the lapels of his jacket.
"Thank you." Clark did his best to sound unimpressed.
[...]
"Clark?" Her voice was small, muffled.
"Yeah?"
"Turn the beat around...."
Clark opened the door and fairly shoved her through it. "That's it!! Inside!"

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...