Woo-hoo! I'm on a roll tonight! I got the other "quoted" story in the other thread too. laugh

This is Truth, Justice, and Superman\'s Way by Tank Wilson

Wonderful story!

I'll be back shortly...

Okay, try this one:

"Lois, you'll freeze."

"No I won't. Put your jacket back on."

"Lois--"

"Trust me."

Clark, though unconvinced, put his jacket back on. Lois then slipped both her arms under his jacket and around his waist, "See? We both stay warm."

Clark wrapped his arms around her. She seemed so small sometimes, so fragile. Perhaps it was this thought, or the ocean breeze, or just that in the quiet night with no one interrupting, Clark slipped, "I love you, Lois."

Lois was taken completely off guard, "What?"

Clark felt an instant surge of panic. He had been so careful all night, "Lois..I...I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. I mean I *did* mean that...I just know that it's not the right time yet. I mean that you're--"

"Shh," Lois said, and nuzzled against his shoulder. She felt warm and drowsy, and now had her answer. His heart was indeed just as foolish. "Don't worry about it, Clark," she said, and pulled back slightly to look at his face. There was just enough ambient light from the city to reflect the soft glow in his eyes, "I want this to work between us as much as you do," she hooked a finger playfully under his necktie, "And though this one date can't make up completely for your 'disappearing act', it came
pretty darn close, partner."

Clark, relieved and strengthened by her reassurance, leaned forward and initiated a kiss. It was not born of passion, but rather of joy. They mutually sampled the flavor of each other for several minutes, and then began a silent, but satisfied journey back to Lois's apartment. After a brief goodbye at Lois's door and a plan to spend the afternoon together at the Daily Planet street fair, Clark walked back into the night, and began to levitate. He held his arms out from his sides, tipped his head back, and smiled as a faint mist began to fall, "Thank you," he whispered, and vanished into the night sky.

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.