This is Annie M Playing for Keeps

Bah Simona, you took the revelations scene goofy . (edited, I said this one wasn't that special but Simona had a point I didn't consider.)

This one was at the top of my quote list from the same story :

"Okay, let's just say - for the sake of argument - that I go along with this. That I give up everything that makes me happy and go back to pretending I'm satisfied with being your friend." Lois had the good grace to look somewhat abashed, Clark noticed, and he allowed the impact of his words to sink in fully before he continued, his voice rising with each question.
"How long can we keep that up? Are we just supposed to stay single for the rest of our lives?[...]
Lois was quiet for a moment as Clark began to pace.
"Clark," she said finally. "I believe you mean that. I really do. You mean that now. But what about six months from now? How long until you get sick of me?
How long before what you're feeling now fades away and suddenly it's not worth putting up with my weird quirks and insecurities? Then you won't even wind up be the best man, you'll just be an ex-boyfriend that I think back on and wonder whatever happened to him."
and this:

"I just love you so much it scares me," she whispered against his neck, damp with her tears. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"Shh, it's okay. I love you, too," he whispered, stroking her back. He wasn't sure yet that this meant she had abandoned her idea to break up with him, but the fact that she was clinging to him seemed like a good sign.

"Tell me again," she pleaded softly.

"I love you."

"No, tell me you'll never leave me. Tell me you won't get sick of me."
mecry

Did I mention that I've read the whole playing series simply to pieces. blush

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...