ohh!! Great choice, Rhea. This is the lovely Starwood in Aspen by Lynn M.

Next up:

Tempus had managed to work his way to within a couple of feet of Lois... and the gun. Clark closed the distance between them and Lois pointed the gun back and forth from one to the other. “Stay back!” she cried.

“You can’t trust him, Lois. He’s evil,” Clark tried to reason with her.

“I assure you that you can trust me, Ms. Lane. I want out of here as much as you do,” Tempus said smoothly, trying to corrupt her with his words. Clark could see why he kept trying to be a politician, he was good at it.

Clark was beginning to feel panicky. He had to get that gun away from her and it didn’t look like she was going to relinquish it, no matter how hard he tried to reason with her. She didn’t trust him and she had no reason to... she didn’t know him. But he couldn’t just let her walk out of here with Tempus, and he couldn’t let Tempus get his hands on that gun.

He realized what he had to do. He was going to have to physically take the gun away from her. He hated it. Hated the thought of pitting himself against her.

She would hate him for it.

He sighed. This was the woman he wanted to love, the woman he had searched for, and she was going to despise him.
(Rhea, I owe you an email - tonight, I promise!)

lisa in the sky with diamonds