I know this! It's Not all geese are wild by Anne Spear!

Now another good one:

"Clark."

The arms stiffened.

"Clark, it's you."

She heard him expel a soft breath, but he didn't answer.

"This isn't Superman holding me," she said with finality. "This is Clark."

When he still didn't say anything, she reached up and pulled off the blindfold that had ironically opened her eyes.

The faint glint of starlight left his face in shadow. She wished she could see his expression.

"Where are we?" she asked softly, postponing the inevitable flurry of questions.

"Centennial Park," he answered mechanically. "No one comes here at night any more; it's too dangerous."

"So you could land without being seen," she concluded.

Without replying, he gently lifted her off his lap and set her down on the grass. The two of them simply sat there, looking at each other in the chilly darkness.

"I'm sorry," she finally said. Those two words carried the weight of everything: her regret that she'd forced his hand, her empathy for the tremendous burden of responsibility that he carried, her sympathy for the lonely life he must lead in such a constrained existence.

He must have understood, for she caught the swift white gleam of his teeth as he smiled briefly. "I'm not sorry you're alive," he parried gently.

She smiled despite herself. "Well, I appreciate that." She reached out slowly, ready to stop if he flinched away, and removed his glasses. She set them carefully on the grass and studied as much of his face as she could in the dim light.

He seemed almost amused by her scrutiny. "Do you think I'd look better with contacts?"

She picked up the glasses and shook her head. "Clark doesn't wear his glasses when he's wearing his Superman suit," she said by way of explanation. She stopped short as she realized what she'd just said.

Clark Kent was Superman.

*Her* Clark Kent was Superman.
Simona smile