Oh, this is another marvellous story, which I re-read periodically: Carbon copy , by Wendy

I'll come back with another quote this evening..

I found a great one (I hope it wasn't quoted)

Martha felt the heartburn eat away at her chest. She really needed an antacid tablet and, for the hundredth time, chided herself for not keeping a bottle upstairs. She got up, trying not to disturb Jonathan, and headed downstairs. She stopped halfway down and saw Clark lying on the couch looking up at the ceiling. When he removed his glasses, she realized that he was probably using his x-ray vision to look through the ceiling right where Lois was washing up. She wanted to go downstairs and scold her son, but before she could, she watched him get up, stand taller than usual, shoulders further back, and walk toward the stairs. Martha moved quickly to her own bedroom, peering out through the opening of the door.

Clark walked up the stairs and, without any regard for the doorknob or for Lois's privacy, opened the door. Martha was ready to go to her son and pull him out of there by his ear when she heard his voice.

"Lois?"

Martha moved out into the hallway and stood looking into the washroom. Lois pulled back the shower curtains.

"Sorry that I slept so long. I've missed you," he said in a husky voice that she didn't recognize.

Martha watched as Clark, removing his sleepshorts and t-shirt, stepped in the shower.

"Superman?" Lois asked.

Martha proceeded down the stairs to the kitchen
Simona smile