He has a cult-like following of unrealistic "fans."
Captivated, I hope that you're not stereotyping anyone who voted for Obama as part of this cult-like following. Your disapproval with Obama's election is obvious to all, and you have your right to your opinion, but do remember that others of us may feel differently. That doesn't make the vast majority of us part of a cult.

I also wanted to address this statement from one of your earlier posts.
If FACTS challenge or contradict the assumptions of some, making them feel insecure, "attacked" and angry... what what can you do?
To me, a fact is a statement like "Ronald Reagan won the presidential election in 1980." That is a fact - it happened, no one can bring any evidence to say that it didn't.

But for me, not everything that Roger says are facts. He always presents very lucid explanations, well thought-out and supported by sources that he finds credible. If you believe in what he says 100%, that's fine.

However, it's very possible that the "other side" could take some of his statements as to why something happened, present some different supporting evidence, and suddenly the picture doesn't look quite so clear-cut anymore. Therefore a "fact" from Roger would look very different from a "fact" from the left side of the aisle. Maybe Roger would think this fact from the left side is wrong, maybe you would think so too. But maybe I wouldn't - and that wouldn't automatically make me wrong because I believe in something different than you do.

So I definitely encourage Roger and anyone else to continue to post their opinions. I've found them to be very informative, even when I don't agree. But please don't act like any conservative is stating "facts" that us insecure liberals can't bear to read. That's insulting.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5