Labby, you say you don't know the facts of the rape kit case first-hand, yet you conclude that "nothing she says should be taken at face value." It's a good thing she's not a member of this board, or that might be construed as a flame.

And saying:
Have you called, incidentally, for apologies from those who continually try to suggest that Obama's name is so close to Bin Laden's he must be a terrorist? Or that he's a Muslim, so he must be a terrorist? If not, you have no grounds to complain/demand apologies when your own candidate is targeted.
misses my point completely. I was referring only to those who have either left feedback or who were referenced in this thread. Sarah Marklund of Sweden is, as Ann said, unlikely to apologize for her characterization of the governor.

Just to be clear, Ann linked to that editorial in the New York Times by Dorothy Samuels slamming Sarah Palin for what has turned out to be a false report and incorrectly called it an article. I don't know what the accepted practice is in either Sweden or Britain, but over on this side of the pond, an "article" is supposed to be a news item, not an expression of someone's opinion. And yes, I know that every news source is biased, as Alcyone has stated. And no, I doubt that Ms. Samuels plans to print an apology.

You also wrote:
She seems perfectly capable of denying events/facts exist, even when there is recorded evidence to prove her wrong or to be 'being economical with the truth'.
which seems to be a bit harsh, especially since the Democrats over here haven't caught her in a deliberate lie. You can be sure that if they had, it would be all over the news channels and would have been trumpeted by Joe Biden during the VP candidate debate last night. If you have such proof, I would like to read it. I don't want to support a candidate who lies repeatedly.

I have not read anything in this thread about Barack Obama being a Muslim or a terrorist. And I don't believe that he is either one. I disagree with his stated policies and political beliefs, but I do not think he is an evil person. I have nothing personal against him at all. My comments were not prompted by attacks against "my candidate." If posters in this thread were making unwarranted attacks on Senator Obama, I would feel the same way. I want to know the truth, an chiding me for expressing my desire for those truths isn't productive.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing