Just a note, since I'm the one who asked for the evidence -- thank you for the link, Jojo. However, I don't see anything in there that even comes close to saying "I'm sorry for what we did. I regret killing people." Saying "Well, the other guy started it" or "Those were desperate times" or "I regret not doing more to stop the war" i.e., killing *more* people, since that seemed to be his main way to protest the Vietnam War, is not at all the same thing.

Thought experiment -- say McCain was acquainted with and spent ten years working with an abortion clinic bomber. One who said he *had* to do it, because he sincerely believed innocent lives were at stake, and he's just sorry he couldn't do more to protect them. One who would wax eloquent about the horrors and holocaust of abortion. Your sentiments about abortion aside, you think anybody's gonna give McCain a pass on that? Just because it's been, like, two decades since the guy blew anything up? What would that association/alliance say about McCain?

I'm just saying.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K