All of which makes the election so interesting. And/or exasperating. smile

Lots of stuff I could say, but I'll stick to one -- no, of course no one blames Obama for stuff someone else did when he was 8. However, in the past ten years or so, he's chosen to associate with the guy who has repeatedly stated he does *not* regret the bombings and wishes he'd done more. (Not to mention his wife who really admired the Manson family.)

And don't fall for the "passing acquaintance" thing -- Obama's political career was launched from Bill Ayers' house. (Or was that Tony Rezko? You know, the guy recently convicted of corruption. It's hard to keep track of the unsavory associates.) Ayers founded an organization and tapped Obama to run it. They worked together for years.

Me, I'd rather not hang out with an unrepentent terrorist. YMMV.

In general, yes, each side is trying to find stuff to attack the other side with. That's how politics work. It's a natural tendency to downplay anything your guy (or gal) is accused of, and magnify the faults of the other guy. And certainly people make the decision to support someone they don't 100% agree with. Still, there is sometimes truth buried in there.

PJ
ps, 125k is a pretty good salary for someone who started off without even enough money for college. Still not too remarkable at that level. Doesn't Michelle Obama make over 300k/year? I mean *after* the 170% raise she got after her employer rec'd a million dollars from an earmark requested by... the guy she's married to.

pps,
the money and opportunities that are presented to her.
"presented to her"? Like she was just sitting around and someone just gave them to her, for no good reason? Sarah Palin's worked hard for every advancement she's made.

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K