Just to reiterate my own personal situation: I am not a US citizen, therefore I do not have the privilege of casting a vote for either candidate.

About Khalidi: Based on the statements that he and Obama lived in the same neighborhood and attended some of the same dinner parties, their "friendship" could run the gamut from mere acquaintances to close friends. The spectrum is wide and I haven't seen anything thus far that provides evidence for one particular end of the scale as yet.

But for the sake of your argument, Patti, let's assume for a minute that they're quite close. Just because two people are friends does not automatically mean that they share all of the same personal beliefs.

My best friend and I do not agree politically. We have so many other things in common, but there we disagree. She's still my best friend. I can be best friends with her without believing all the same things that she does.

Wake up people! You actually want this person to be President? I am just so appalled.
Patti, for every post you have made in this thread, the suggestion comes across (in my opinion) as though you think Obama supporters are stupid, or idiots, or blind to the truth, or I don't know what. Fine, don't support him, but please remember that others may be as equally "well-informed" as you are, yet feel differently on these issues. The point of view of the "other side" is valid too.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5