The bill was not Obama's one accomplishment and it was not to teach explicit sex education to young children.

Nevermind how inaccurate it is to call is Obama's one accomplishment, which is the more explicitly false claim. That last is the main insinuation that carries the ad and the reason why it's so shocking. I see nothing in your post or the York article that counters this.

I do see however a lot of partisan defense for a candidate's distortion of the truth under the interrogation of "age appropriate" and questioning the importance of "inappropriate touching" based on the syllabus used to formulate the bill.

Oh, and--

Parents were only given an opt-out provision for the teaching about the transmission and prevention of HIV.
The actual bill reads at the beginning:

No pupil shall be required to take or participate in any class or course in comprehensive sex education if the pupil's or guardian submits written objection thereto, and refusal to take or participate in such course or program shall not be reason for suspension or expulsion of such pupil.
This why I trust factcheck more. Their agenda is to contextualize the facts in their situation, no wonder there are loopholes--those are what is needed to twist the facts one way or another.

This argument and York's switches from the facts to a defense that only has currency from a conservative perspective, but tries to sell itself as somehow neutral. It's that false pretense of neutrality that I take issue with.

Apparently there is a history that a lot of people from the left recognize with respect to sex ed and politics, btw (speaking of partisan interpretations).

I'm not enthused that National Journal said Obama was number one most liberal or whatever, and Media Matters gave some "loopholes" to question that, but ultimately they're biased and National Journal is not, which is why a partisan defense of those findings is nothing more than that: a partisan defense.

Likewise, when the only places that support a certain interpretation are conservative spaces, it's very clear we're not in the realm of facts anymore.

Without facts through a common ground (something deemed "non-partisan"), any sort of dialogue is impossible.

alcyone

PS ABC is known by some in the left as "Fox-lite." smile

ETA: Politifact also factchecks with the same result.

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png