This is one of those situations where the context matters.

Palin's line about "lipstick on a pitbull" was one of those bits that was all over the media for a few days following her speech. Obama had to be aware of it. Consequently his use of the expression took on a new dimension when he used it yesterday.

Was his use of the phrase deliberate? I don't think anyone can ever know that outside that small backroom that all politicians hang out in. smile

My thought is that it was a Freudian slip. smile

Interesting how the media is covering it. Have just watched Charles Gibson's news cast and they showed the clip, inlcuding the earlier part of Obama's speech which was a general attack on McCain's platform. But the interesting thing was that the clip had been edited - you could clearly hear that blip thing that let us know they'd cut part of the speech that preceded the "lipstick" statement. So I came away understanding no more about the comment than I had before, but wondering why the broadcaster edited it in the way I've described.

Now to go off topic - it's the huge, wacking US deficit I'd like to hear the candidates address and the media explore more directly and specifically.

c. (who lives in a tiny, in population terms, country where when the US sneezes we get a cold. (origin of that quote???)

c.