Pam, I didn't mean that being pro-life made her not a woman at all. Sorry about that. You're both women, as well as any other pro-life woman out there. I meant to say that pro-life attitudes, to me, go against women's rights, so the fact that she's a woman isn't doing much good (IMO) for women's rights if that's what she's going to promote.

In fact, people who are pro-life and pro-traditional marriage are not breathlessly waiting to arrest knocked-up teenagers or go beat up gays.
Don't think for a moment that I don't agree with that! I certainly didn't mean to imply that people who disagree with gay marriage and abortions are out for blood. I do, however, still think that those two movements are out to take away rights from people who, IMO, deserve them. (Not necessarily actively. I don't exactly go around handing out pamphlets myself.)

Pam, since you and most people who have posted on this thread are politically informed and involved, I didn't think I was going to change any minds. wink I haven't exactly said anything new. But thank you, too, for letting me present my opinion. smile

What I said, regarding this possible Republican ploy is actually not my own theory on the matter <g> but something I saw mentioned on LiveJournal. It's entirely possible that McCain thinks she's the best person for the job.

I've never seen such excitement over a running mate choice as there is now around Palin, and it seems to me that her gender is a large part of that. It's almost as if the race is really Obama vs. Palin. goofy

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)