And your ongoing blanket condemnation of church-going people in general irks me
Well, Terry, you offer no quotes to prove your point, so I can neither defend myself nor, if you could convince me that I should do so, apologize. But I said that I'm not going to try to turn this thread into a general discussion about religion. I'm also not going to turn it into a general discussion about me or my views on religion, either. The rest of you are free to hold such a discussion, of course, at least if the moderators don't stop you, but I'm not going to participate. Personally, I don't appreciate it.

I'm not going to participate in a general discussion about Brandon or Wasilla, either, since indeed I know so extremely little about those places.

I think it might be fair to hold a general discussion about Sarah Palin's religious views, except that I know little about them, too. I know that Sarah Palin is a religious conservative, but I haven't heard her make any specific statements and back them up with religious arguments. So again, I have little to comment on. I know that she is against abortions, but many Americans are against abortions, and I'm not sure that all of them reject abortions on religious grounds. In any case, I'm not going to take part in a general discussion about abortions here.

No, I think that all I'm going to say for now is that I agree with Carol, who pointed out that Sarah Palin chose to keep her youngest child instead of aborting it, even though she knew that the baby would have Down's syndrome. I agree with Carol that I admire Palin for sticking to her beliefs and choosing not to have an abortion for herself, even though she knew that her baby was going to be handicapped.

Ann