The "infanticide" word is obviously inflammatory, yes, and I ain't touching the definition argument. I do find it interesting that Obama voted against the bill even when all his colleagues were voting for it. Even after the language he insisted on was added, he voted "no." Seems kind of extremist to me.

Cape Fetish, I'm not surprised by the rally. When you look at the numbers, the McCain/Palin ticket is seeing most of their gains among men, not women. I know some ladies are offended by McCain's pick, on the theory that he thinks they're dumb enough to vote with their gender, regardless of policy positions. But then there are the ladies who have become convinced that the Democrat leadership is irredeemably sexist; though most of those were planning to vote against Obama no matter what McCain did, they apparently feel vidicated that he picked a woman. There's some complex stuff going on there.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K