Yes, the whole thing seems suddenly likely to be a *lot* more lively... people are already fantasizing about 2012 being Hillary v. Sarah. Which would be fascinating. I don't agree with Hillary's policies, but you had to admire the way she refused to give up.

I predict Obama's going to regret dissing Hillary. I mean, sure, they hate each others guts so there's no way he'd want her in the #2 slot (never turn your back on that person who hates you and has a big knife) but he didn't even go through the motions of vetting her. :rolleyes: So when Sarah Palin gives Hillary props, that's going to resonate with the PUMAs. Political? Of course.

If we're doomed to have inexperienced people either which way, I'd prefer mine to be on the *bottom* of the ticket, not the top. And as I can't think of an "experienced" person who I like better for McCain's VP, I think this was a good pick.

Time will tell! But at least it'll be more entertaining this way <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K