Janet said:

Wendy, Kaethel, Yvonne, and Labrat have convinced me that I want an electric kettle, too!! Right now! Or at least, really soon. Fast is good (at least when it pertains to hot water!).
Well, I really don't know how people manage without them! I'm always amazed to see people boiling water in the microwave instead of using a kettle - kettles boil more accurately and you can boil more water at a time.

Amazon.com sells electric kettles - this one is a good make, cordless, with a sealed element.

For those of you not used to electric kettles, here's a few more features to ponder: automatic shut-off once it's boiled (no need to wait and watch), a hinged lid which is easy to open and close with one hand, and the better ones also have built-in water filters.

So if Wendy had moved to the US instead of Canada, she'd have to import it? (Wendy, do you like clotted cream? Since I just used you as an example?)
Hate clotted cream! razz I do like whipped cream, however. Not the stuff out of cans - yuck! razz - but fresh cream, whipped. smile

Oh, as for Ramen noodles (US-style): they do exist in the UK, but they're cooked differently. From talking to Americans, and from reading the instructions on the packs here, it seems that they're supposed to be made with lots of water, so that the result is like soup. In the UK, they're made with just enough water to soften the noodles: all the water is absorbed once they're cooked. And then they're served as a side dish. Interesting differences!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*