As a Canadian, I'm expected to spell with the UK spelling and use the US grammer (at least I think I am). But... Hey, wait a minute! What am I doing replying to a thread about spelling and grammer? I know nothing about either (isn't that why we have Beta readers? cool )

On the lawyer/attorney/barrister/solicitor issue, I would use those terms in the same way as Gerry's husband. If asked what I do for a living, I'd say I'm a lawyer (with my head bent and muttering the word in shame of course laugh ). My letter head identifies me as a Barrister and Solicitor, although most of my work at the moment is barrister's work (court work). I would never say that I'm an Attorney. The only place I think of that I've heard it in Canada is 'Crown Attorney' which is the equivalent of the US 'District Attorney'

ML wave

P.S. - Wendy, I live in the Township of Ware. And I resent your implication that I live in an outback, undeveloped... Oh, wait. I do live in an outback, undeveloped region of the country. Well, okay then. Forget I said anything blush

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane