Woo-hoo! 100th post in this thread! Cool! <g>

Anyway, Laura explained the school system and the traffic circles (aka toundabouts), but I thought I'd address this:

How about: Ensuite, entree (I've heard you should say meal instead in the States or else you'll get a blank stare), homo milk, a micky, poutine, serviette.
Ensuite and serviette I know from my dim memories of high school French. Ensuite basically means "together" or "and then...", IIRC, and serviette is a napkin (or towel, depending on context). In the US, we'd just use the english words.

Entree is used in some (generally more upscale) restaurants to mean "the main course." It's not really used day-to-day.

We do have homogenized milk, but we don't call it "homo milk." "Homo" here is a derogatory slang term for homosexual. Generally, we just call it "milk," actually. It's all pasteurized and homogenized.

"A micky" is a drug some unscrupulous person might "slip" in a date's drink or something. The term is kind of old-fashioned, though. Just "Mickey" is a cartoon mouse.

I don't know what "poutine" is, and it seems babelfish doesn't either. Oh well.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that those folder things have a name around here. They're "three-ring binders." Generally they're just called "binders."

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.