I remember they asked if we had a map of the U.S., because they were planning to go on a road trip. I guess they were used to looking at maps of Italy, and didn't realize just how much bigger the U.S. is, because they got all excited, saying, "Oh, we can drive down to Florida on Saturday, and then on Sunday we'll drive out and see the Grand Canyon, and then on Monday we'll go see Hollywood..."
I did that. blush A few years back, Stuart and I were planning a US road trip and by the time I was done we had three years worth of things to visit packed into two weeks. goofy We kept having conversations consisting of:

Me: So we can go from there to there and that will take up Saturday afternoon...
Stuart: But that's four day's worth of driving...
Me: Oh, don't be silly - it's only a couple of inches on the map, look!

Much rolling of eyes and one more attempt to explain relative map distances from husband...

We never did make that trip in the end - which was a good thing as it turned out, because that was the year that all the national parks etc had to close down due to budget deficits meaning there was no cash to keep them open and Arizona was flooded out in the worst rains for as long as anyone could remember. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers