It may be stupid of me to post more here, but TEEEJ, I couldn't resist the link you posted about liberal churches. You quoted this from that site:

The whole idea of liberals and Christianity is kinda odd. At times, Jesus can be a real right-wing Christian -- especially about sex -- and liberals hate that.
When I looked up that link, I'm afraid I only found short opinion-posts, not any in-depth analysis of what Jesus actually said in the Bible. When I read the Gospels myself, I found extremely little there which made Jesus resemble a right-wing Christian. I really found a lot more that would make him look quite liberal. Therefore, if people think that he really was like a right-wing Christian, I would very much appreciate it if they could point me to the chapters and verses in the Bible where Jesus expressed those right-wing views. After the right-wing Christians tell me where in the Gospels they find the justification for their beliefs, I will be happy to look up those particular Bible passages myself and discuss them with the conservative Christians. But if the conservatives just claim Jesus for themselves and then don't show me any Biblical evidence to support their belief in a right-wing Jesus, how can I have any sort of rational discussion with them?

Isn't it a lot easier to just not believe in the guy than to find some way to twist around His words so that you can imagine Him saying, "Abortion is awesome!"?
What pastor is what liberal church has said this about Jesus?

I myself will keep sticking to my belief that Jesus was very liberal in many ways. After all, what sort of people did Jesus most often defend? I'd say it was the poor people in general, plus the "sexually questionable" or "fallen" women, plus the tax collectors. Imagine that.

Ann

EDIT: In all fairness, I don't think Jesus was completely liberal in all his views. Although he never mentioned or alluded to abortions, I agree with those who believe that he would have been strongly against them. More troubling, in my opinion, is that Jesus sometimes seemed to hold questionable and uncompassionate views about slaves.