Originally posted by shimauma:
Originally posted by RL:
[b] [b]EVERYTHING YOU SAID
[/b]
OMGosh!! I'm in awe! Can I vote for YOU???

Seriously, THAT was the most amazingly astute response about political thinking I have ever read. clap dance

TEEEEEEJ [/b]
Ditto.

I teach Poli Sci/US History and I tell my students that all the time about casualties. How many were lost on DDay alone? Something like 6000 [not going to look it up right now to double check]. One question I pose to them... Given today's news media, could we have won WWII? Would CNN et al been calling for a pull out of Europe by June 10, 1944? What about Iwo Jima or Guadalcanal, etc?

Anyway - I will probably vote for McCain because DH and I work hard for our money and I want to keep it and he's more likely to let us than the others. Before I get attacked for not caring, I do. We give lots to charitable causes. We've been on Medicaid and Food Stamps but for a short period while we got on our feet. We'd give more if we had it. I have issues with universal health care. We pay out the nose for good coverage and I'm grateful we have it. We've lived on next to nothing and always made health care a priority. It's there [for most people] if you are willing to pay for it. We never went out to eat and gave up other things like cable, but that was one of our priorities [rent, food, utilities, insurance - then other stuff]. It is possible to live on cash [Terry's? post in the other thread] even as a broke college student. We did it, we know others who did it and are doing it now. We didn't do stupid until later.

I like the Fair Tax and have little desire to support the IRS. Those who work for them, should it ever manage to get abolished, should be able to find work elsewhere and then the average American won't have to pay something like 400/yr to get their taxes done.

Obama and Hillary both scare me. Pulling out = losing. We're not if you believe the soldiers I and others I know have talked to rather than the media.

Our primary was on Super Tuesday and it came down to the lesser of about 7 evils [and it wasn't McCain]. Heck of a way to pick a president...
Carol