One point made above hit me as horribly wrong, but unlike Roger, who explains things so eloquently so immediately, I really had to think about why I felt this way about this statement:
Additionally, such an increasing economic equality would probably do a lot to improve other nations' perception of America and make America once again look like a great inspiration to the rest of the world.
Honestly, the best I can come up with is what a load of complete hogwash that statement is. Spreading earned money out EQUALLY??? Makes no logical sense to me at all. I become absolutely incensed to think someone in the government should have any say in how MY money is spent. I worked for the $29,000 I made last year. I'm the one who got up 5 days in a row, spent 40 hours away from my family for that money and I will be fargon blasted if anyone has *any* right to tell me why some of my money should go to someone who DOESN'T do that. Before you think I'm a heartless miser let me say, I have no problem GIVING to charity. I consider it an honor and priviledge that I have enough to GIVE to charities, but I choose charities that actually get around to helping folks(Salvation Army, my local Christian radio station, my church) not this blasted red tape bureaucratic hogwash of taxing for welfare.

It's proved a complete waste in Lousiana where you had grown able-bodied people unwilling to move away from a FARGON HURRICANE without government assistance and unwilling to assist neighbors who WEREN'T able-bodied. That was a shameful sight even aside from the inability of the LOCAL government to tow the mark.

Yes I realize it all may seem selfish and harsh to those used to living on a government dole or maybe the enlightened elite, so let me invite a comparision for the "educated" who might think differently.

Say you're a straight A student in college, you study hard and miss out on parties and fun to get those A's. Then you find out your flunkly classmate who has partied all semester and hasn't done a lick of homework will be getting some of YOUR points to "equal" everything out. Sounds pretty far beyond logical to me and it's the same gorram thing with money. Anybody who tells me different is very likely getting a cut as far as my opinion is concerned. razz

DONE!!!
TJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!