Now point me to another country like Great Britain, Canada, France, or Japan. If somebody alleges fraud, I wouldn't believe it unless it was incontrovertible since those countries have reputations for fair and honest elections.
And to the very best of my knowledge, Great Britain, Canada, France and Japan have never had an election that was remotely like the US election of 2000. Or at least, none of them have had such an election after World War II. So of course there has been no need to question the outcome of any of their elections.

As for the fictional country of Irelia, it wasn't meant to be exactly like Venezuela. It was meant to be more democratic than Venezuela, and not as taken over by its President as Venezuela is taken over by Chavez. But if Irelia had an election much like the US election of 2000, and if it produced a President like Asaf V. Ashkov, who in many ways would act much like Hugo Chavez in his dealings with the United States, then it wouldn't have surprised me too much if the United States had tried to bring about an uprising towards President Ashkov. If there was a coup against President Ashkov, and there was strong evidence that the United States was involved, I guess you could always say that you were only trying to depose a President who hadn't been fairly elected anyway.

I seem to remember that there was indeed such an attempted coup against Hugo Chavez of Venezuela some years ago, but the coup failed.

Ann