Actually, Vicki, I have not claimed that there was any actual fraud. I have not claimed that the ballots were counted wrongly, although the whole "pregnant" ballots thing smells quite bad to me. Even so, I can't know or claim that the ballots were counted wrongly.

But if the election of 2000 had been a hundred meter dash at the Olympics, then I'd say that George W. Bush was allowed to start 99 meters from the finishing line. Because of his father and brother, because of the design of the Florida ballots, because of the fact that Gore's popular win didn't count, and because of the bias that I personally definitely expect from a Supreme Court where seven out of nine jurors were appointed by Republican Presidents. Also, in fact, because of the incredible way that conservative media had smeared Bill Clinton's name, so that he almost got impeached over a sex scandal (which didn't even involve anything illegal - nothing like rape or anything like that), so that quite a few people probably associated Democratic candidates with lewd and off-putting people.

Al Gore, unlike Bush, had to start the race at the stipulated 100 meter mark.

Ann