I'd like to take this opportunity to point out the Stop the Presses thread at Zoomway's boards. I'd reiterate some of what is said there, but I wouldn't be able to word it as well as it already was--and I'm terrible at summaries anyway.

I will say in response to your remarks, though, Capes, that there are posts referencing Lois and Clark's VERY new marriage, and Clark's insecurities (which we HAVE seen before this episode), etc. There's also my post about why I disagreed that the issues weren't resolved.

And to add to that:

I don't think the episode really did show the "typical" male attitude toward the situation. I think Clark was genuinely happy for Lois, even though he might not have realized just how MUCH went into being the EIC for a major metropolitan newspaper. Both he and Lois had valid points, but neither of them really understood the "new" position the other was coming from at the time. Lois, all of a sudden having to think like an editor, could not have Clark on a story she probably would have wanted to follow up herself--I went into this on the other board--and Clark, who usually thinks like an editor, was probably knocked for a loop because he and Lois usually had more time to find proof before they were taken off of stories.

And even if they weren't, Clark couldn't go against it this time, or the rest of the staff might think that Lois had ok'd it, and think that she was playing favorites. It's a no-win situation.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place