What I would I liked to see was Superman taking on real world issues like starvation or environmental concerns, issues that he just couldn’t flex his biceps and they would disappear. But that might have given the show a more political slant then the writers dared.
I don't think I'd've liked to see such plots, whether or not it was a matter of the writers daring to add politics or not.

I mean, I have ideas for how to "fix" issues like starvation, but those ideas I have involve basically acting like Robin Hood--taking from the rich and giving to the poor. I mean, certain countries have large surpluses of goods, and don't even think to share with those that don't.

But forcing them to share (either by taking it from them and redistributing it, or by coercing the people directly) takes away those peoples' free will to keep what they own/grew/paid for.

Bringing Superman into the mix would only be another version of coercion, in my opinion--kind of like in Superman IV, where he basically forced everyone to give up their nuclear arms. I'm not saying that it wouldn't be a good thing to get rid of the nuclear weapons everywhere, but taking them away from the countries that have them just because you can isn't right either.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place