Respectfully, Labby, I have to disagree with you here. The existence of soulmates doesn't necessarily mean that the mates in question have to fall for each other romantically.
Yes, many others have advanced this theory over the years. I think it was listening to them that enabled me to ignore the issue. Eventually. <g> Even mellow to it, somewhat. Also helped by the fact that like Kaylle, I don't tend to look at episodes as a whole, but as a series of moments.

A good episode for me is one where I don't ff at all or rarely in the hour when watching it again. A bad episode is one I barely stop ff through. laugh

So an episode which has plot elements which bother me can, conversely, still make it into my favourite episodes list. All it has to do to rescue it is have some moments I love. Soul Mates and STG are good examples of that. I have problems with the episodes per se, but they are chockful of lovely little moments, WAFFy, funny, angsty, that I adore all the same.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers