To Ching, Clark is moral coward.
And to me, Ching is high-handed and overbearing. Leave playing god to the actual gods, I say. And just because Superman has the power to do all that he does doesn't make him a god.

To me though Superman have thought one step further. Yes in the short run he could create a better world by force, but in the long run this would likely result in greater misery. Very few people likes to be bullied even if it’s being forced to do something that is good for them. And who is he really to impose his values of the multitude of human cultures?
That is EXACTLY the point I was trying to make.

That Superman would spend time stopping jewel robberies when thousands of children are starving to death each day seems ludicrous to me.
It doesn't seem very ludicrous to me, when I remember that superheros are basically pumped-up police/rescue workers/vigilantes. No matter what their power, they all fit into one or two of those three categories, if not all three.

Superman spends his time on the occasional jewel robbery, yes--but that's usually just in Metropolis, his main area where he can hear that sort of minor thing. When he hears about a natural disaster, he goes to help, but he can't be everywhere at once.

He NEEDS to be Clark, and that's what Ching didn't get--Clark's need to at least act normal most of the time because of the things he sees every day. If he were to spend all his time rescuing people and acting like a one-man peace corps, when would he have time for the major disasters and his own sanity?

Dude! You guys are harshin' my buzz...
Uhm . . . Sue? I've never heard that expression . . . is it a good thing, or a bad thing? :p

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place