I can't say S4 was my favourite season. For all that it does have some good episodes that I enjoyed. AKAS, Lethal Weapon, Brutal Youth, IGYUMS...just some of the episodes I love. Actually, looking at the season as a whole, I'd have to say I enjoyed two thirds of the episodes.

I'm in general agreement though that the NK arc was a completely wasted opportunity. As I recall at the time they were planning to really spend money on a huge premiere - I think there might even have been talk at one point of making it a TV movie - but then there were budget cutbacks and it all shrunk down to what we eventually got on screen. We had all the angst in BGDF about Clark having to leave Lois behind to go to war on an alien planet, alone...and then it was totally devalued by having him turn right back around and come back to Earth the next day in the pilot.

For all that and for all their faults, I enjoy both episodes.

The wedding - oh how I loathe Mike the Angel. Urgh. All I wanted was a simple wedding with family and friends and a honeymoon in Hawaii. <sigh> I could have done without all that fantasy nonsense. And whole idea of God giving our favourite couple a helping hand to finally tie the knot was just so...well, I have to spend several hours in a darkened room to decompress every time I think about it...

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers