Delivering a challenge to him which also give Lois a chance to shine most be incredible tough. (Notice how few fanfic writers that dare to try it.) It becomes harder still when Lois is in on the secret.
For comparison, I’ve never seen Smallville but I’ve been told there is Kryptonite in virtually every episode.
Or look at what the Hollywood scriptwriters did with Superman Returns.
I thought that comment was really interesting. To hit on those comparisons, I watched the first season of Smallville. The first couple of episodes I loved! I'm all about some good Kryptonite. And then it kept happening. And happening. And happening. I haven't watched the show since.

Superman Returns was quite the task. I still love it and I own it, but the shine comment really hit home for me. And it wasn't just Lois for me. I mean, obviously we saw a ton of Superman since it's Superman Returns and not...Jimmy Olsen Returns or Clark Kent Returns, but you'd think for a two and a half hour feature, we could see some of the other characters. Yes, we saw a lot of Lois with the take-over-the-continent plot, but did she really *shine?* The jury's still out for me. But in any case, it's a good thing for Warner Bros. that I like Superman and Kevin Spacey. :p

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy