This has been a very interesting thread. I just popped on today for the first time to see what everyone was talking about and have found the discussion interesting.

I know I'm not a newbe, but I don't think I'm an icon either. I'm just... well old laugh (but then, that's the story of my life laugh )

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've probably read less than a dozen stories this year and those are almost exclusively after they are posted on the archives.

As to why I'm not reading much anymore: I broke my tailbone about a year and a half ago and it's been getting progressively more painful for me to sit for any length of time unless I'm doped up on pain killers (which I am at the moment so don't expect me to say anything brilliant laugh ). Anyway, as a result, when I do take the time to sit down, I have to decide what to do with that time.

And since something inside of me dies if I'm not writing... most of my limited time at the computer these days is spent writing... something (although even there, I've spent a lot less time writing as a result of my injury, too.)

As to my point... Well, I'm not sure I have one blush . What was the topic again? (btw, did I mention that I love my drugs laugh )

Oh, right. I remember now what I wanted to say. It's not that I'm ignoring new writers. I'm just ignoring all writers. But please, keep writing. Because some day I'm hoping to actually be able to go back and read some of these great new stories (when the doctors find a way to make the pain go away).

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane