As are the occasional other usages in your fics (well, many are UKisms in general, rather than specific to Scotland). They don't bother me at all (I grew up reading the One End Street books and others of that ilk), but might be confusing to a non-native English speaker more familiar with American English.
Well, in the context of the language used in my fanfic being substantially 'different' from all others in FoLCdom, the use of UKisms as the reason would strike me as very odd, to be honest, considering I'm not the only UK author writing for FoLCdom. I can't imagine that I use more UKisms than any other UK author.

In fact, I'd say less in many cases, because I've always used US betas to weed out as many UKisms as possible in my fic dealing with US shows and I know that not all UK authors feel the need to do that, preferring to use UK English as standard.

So if it was UKisms that was the point of difference I'd imagine that whoever it was who brought this one up (sorry can't remember who you were now! blush ) would have cited all UK authors as a group, rather than just my fic.

Interesting that MW considers timeously to be chiefly Scottish and South African. My own personal experience has been that it's almost entirely used as a legal term and I've never heard it used commonly outside of the office. I'd be curious to know if American law offices use it as a legal term, or whether it's a purely Scottish/South African legal term.

Interesting.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers