As someone that has been part of this community since around 97, I may not be an 'icon', but I have been around...

I used to read everything put out, then about the time our first child turned one, time started to get shorter. By the time our second child turned one, reading time was just impossible. However, I tried to at least keep up with my favorites, like Nan Smith (whoa, now there is a shocker! wink ).

Then I got hit by the writing bug, again, about 2 years ago. My problem is that I have great ideas, but I am not very good at putting them down on paper. DJ is helping me with my latest attempt (part 2 should be done today) and she is being very encouraging. Anyway...(darn mental rabbits!) I have found that I cannot be reading avidly and still be able to write. It's weird but true. I really am trying hard to get this story done and so I have cut back my reading to practically nothing. (anything by Nan is a must read for me, everyone else has to fend for themselves) I will still read the odd vignette or really short story, but I don't have the time to read epics (yes, I am currently reading LabRat's Masques, but not at the voracious rate I usually read fanfic, only about 4 pages a day, which should get my own story betaed, completed, posted, and archived by the time I finish it. laugh )

So, does anyone else have the issue where if they are seriously getting writing done that they can't seem to read as much?

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!