My point is that some folks don’t seem to give new folks a chance. I try to make a special effort to do so.
Darned if I didn't try to do this a year or so back... I used to not read stories on the boards at all, then, for various reasons, I started to and it was all downhill from there. laugh

Anyway, I know I'd always make an effort give new authors a chance and give feedback. My reasoning? Honestly, one of the biggest reasons was trying to prolong the life of my beloved fandom. goofy I'd see a "newbie" post, and I'd think FRESH MEAT! I've got to make them feel welcome! Gotta make them realize that FoLCdom is the best and that they have to stay forever and ever! (And did I mention I'm running on four hours of sleep after wrapping up the semester, so I might sound... crazy?) I really, really love that I don't have to worry about this anymore; we're obviously not going anywhere, and we keep growing! dance

Now, this isn't to say I've stopped giving new authors a chance and feedback because of the above reasoning (if I can claim "reason" in insanity... wink ). My problem now is time, for one. But mainly my problem is there's just SO much! I dare say a year or so ago, I might have been able to keep up with all the WIPs being posted. Now I have no chance. (Not to mention school's really been kicking my butt lately...) I LOVE seeing the fandom so thriving, but at the same time, I'm so sad that I'm even more utterly behind on reading than I was before. There are some newer authors out there whose stories I've peeked at or heard good things about, and I'm dying to read them when I've got the time (YAY for winter break starting yesterday!). Classicalla, MetroRhodes, LaraMoon, Caroline's got a WIP out (I heart Caroline! laugh ), basaki (I read the first few paragraphs of Seven Seconds and am eager to read the rest!), off the top of my head. Oh, and I've been meaning for ages to read stuff by LoisLaneWannaBe and Terry Leatherwood. I really ought to write down a list...

Yeah, and I'm just rambling now because it's after 3am, I'm low on sleep, and I've been going through fandom withdrawal these past few weeks with the culmination of the semester. I've missed you guys! mecry

Sara (who, now she's got three weeks off, is gonna have a hard time deciding between reading, writing and trailering *sigh*)

P.S. Did the UK "pants" question ever get answered? I *think* I caught up with the whole thread...

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.