This is good to hear that so much of your feedback has been for new authors, Kathy.
I swear that last night, when I wrote and rewrote the dang thing five times, that my comments didn't read so much like "please give me a pat on the back, I give feedback to new authors" as they do now! Sorry about that! blush

But keeping up with the statistics angle... I looked at the first two pages in the Fanfic TOC section. There are 99 topics, dating back to August 3. Each one is, obviously, for the recent stories posted to the Fanfic section. It doesn't cover all, of course - for example, Nan, Jenni and Rac have all posted story parts in this time period, but their TOC threads are older than August. So with a few exceptions, it's pretty representative of the stories or story parts that have been posted within the last 4 months.

Of those 99, 29 are stories by authors who have been around for a year or more. 70 are by "newbies".

That's a very strong skew in favor of the newcomers to this part of the L&C fandom. You guys are the predominant ones doing it all these days: writing and offering feedback. As others have said, maybe this is just the natural cycle of many a fandom.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5