One thing that so significant about his fandom is the sheer quality of most of the stories. In most other fandoms, you have to sift through a lot of gilt and worse, before you strike gold.
I was wondering though, among all the wonderful stories archived here over the years…which stories in this fandom would you describe as being “epics”, “classics”, “staples” and “must-reads”, with a clear conscience? The very best of the very best, in other words? (both nfic and gfics)
It doesn’t matter whether it won a Kerth, or even whether or not it was nominated for one. In your opinion, what are the very precious few you could hail as a true “classic”?
I was thinking maybe we could start a thread cataloguing them. I’ve seen it done on some other fansites, and it really saves the newbies a lot of time.

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.