Disclaimer: The below statement is not made to offend or start argument. I love you all and think you are great. *cough* Continue...

I'm always amazed that these turn into debates about them being Kerth Nominees. Honestly, I don't think us new people really care if they are or not, we are just looking for something good to read and looking for a short list of essentials to start with. I chose the "read it all" approach but some people just don't have the time for that.

And... I will never knock a story (because even if I didn't like them most are very well written) but I will be honest and tell you a Kerth Award does not mean "Great" story for me. Cause I have found a few that have an award and a nomination that I didn't really care for. It's human nature, we aren't all going to like the same things. If we did we would be robots.

So lists like these make me double check to see if I have read a story, or if I skipped over it and need to give it a second chance. After getting a few I didn't care for, I started ignoring those little nominee and Kerth award symbols when picking what I read. Cause I don't know about you but have you actually paid attention how many of these stories actually have one of those beside it? ALOT...

So let's not debate on whether Kerth's should be named or not. I would like to see anything anyone thinks it worth a read, because there are those of us who are just here to read some great stories and since the archive holds such a sheer number of them, give us newbies somewhere to start please.

We mean no harm with our lists we just have busy lives and haven't been following the stories in the archive for years and had plenty of time to take them in slowly, they were thrown in our face in one chunk... and oh how we have loved every minute of it. I for one did a little "fanfic jig" at my desk when I found the goldmind that was the archive. So, let us make a few lists and don't get offended if you aren't mentioned. Hell, if you aren't mentioned and you think your story was pretty dang awesome, tell us about it and toot your own horn. Cause, I'll go read it if you do. =P

*whispers Irene Dutch's Second Generation stories are my most favorite of that genre ever. Go read them. Start with Firestorm. Am I the only one who kept hoping Lois and Clark would have another kid so she would write another story?*

^
|
See I did a recommendation, so I wasn't to far off topic. Okay I was... Just don't beat me with a cane... hail

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!